Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The Ice Cream Incident :: English Literature Essays

The Ice Cream IncidentThe Ice Cream Incident Eric Mortinson November 18, 2002 There inevitably comes a season during the course of your life where everything you are employs itself to seek revenge from a friend or loved one. This paradoxical concept drives you to the point of hating someone you care dear for. In the end, the typical result is absolute regret. This moment in my life came at the ancient age of 13. I was the intellectual king of my class. No cerebrum could go past the database of knowledge I carried within me. This sovereign fantasy of mine was shattered on the nightmarish day Josh Renfro entered the 5th grade classroom at Evans Valley Elementary School. I k bran-new immediately that I was outmatched at last. As the old saying goes, If you cant beat em, join em. Thats precisely what I did. I readily befriended Josh and became a study partner, even doing an intricate report with him. That joyous year of friendship was over within a few months, and a new challenge awa ited us new friends. Josh and I perceived middle school as an educational joke. Most of the material being cover had already been noted and logged into our far advanced memory banks. Getting an A became so simple that we resorted to analyzing teachers and their techniques (which we used for later use) as a form of intellectual entertainment. It was a little past the middle of our 6th grade year when the infamous incident happened. It was late in the erudition period when Mr. Harrison made an odd quest of Justin Watkins and I. He stated that there was a short film that was going to be viewed, that therefore required us to assemble the ancient film projector. As Justin and I constructed and positioned the prehistoric projector, we concentrated hard on the correct assembly and use of this long forgotten technological marvel. Little to our knowledge, a minute science assignment was given to the class as Justin and I worked feverishly. The period ended after the short film the day ende d normally. First period came, and with it came the statement of an unknown assignment. I questioned, Josh, did we have a science assignment cause someone told me we did. I havent heard anything about it. Nope, he replied innocently, Mr. Harrison didnt give us anything to do. We just watched that word-painting remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment